Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Light in the Middle of the Tunnel

All I know is that I can see a light. Not at the end of the tunnel, but in the middle. The paperwork for the Dossier is almost done! I have realized through the past couple of weeks that I am a bit neurotic. I don't think I have a slow down and take one thing at a time mentality when I have a task to accomplish. It is more pure frenzy until it is done. I mean my eyes hurt from focusing on the computer and paperwork for the past two weeks. They really do. I have been in a adoption time warp. But by the end of next week it will all be in the hands of our adoption agency, Lord willing. Then we begin . . . THE WAIT.

The wait . . . I am actually looking forward to the wait. The slowdown, the end of the frenzy for a moment. Aahh. I feel it coming, the light in the middle.

The Lord is faithful even in my frenzied efforts. He obviously knows how he made me, the frenzied mess that I am. It is good for me to stop and be thankful. He is so much bigger than all of this running around and he is right in the middle of it even down to the smallest detail.
So here is my list of Thankful on this beautiful, drink the air kind of Thursday morning:
-for my Lord who is affirming our steps along this path as he showed me this morning that we are not to store up for ourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy; but to instead store up treasures in heaven.
-for my husband, who instead of just plain calling me crazy and questioning where his real wife went, has been verbally so thankful for all the  paperwork that I have done without adding more stress to his life.
-for my friends who have jumped in to help me out when I needed it. And for the ones who are hopefully forgiving me for dropping off the face of the earth for awhile.
-for my friends who are organizing a fundraiser for our family. That in itself is humbling beyond words.
-for our adoption agency who yesterday decided instead of requiring 3 homestudy visits, which is standard, waived the 2nd and 3rd visits.
-for our adoption agency again who let me know that as soon as the dossier gets to them next week, we will be #1 on the waiting list for a little girl 4 and older.
-that Greg's doc office actually did have a notary, so no one had to meet me there.
-that we are getting money back from our taxes instead of having to pay.

And that was mostly all from yesterday! Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment